Connecting your home to a next generation fiber optic network may be a slightly different installation process than you’ve experienced in the past. Below is a guide to help you understand what to expect.
- Installation times vary depending on your home but typically take 2 – 4 hours.
- A fiber connection does not use a modem; instead, an Optical Network Terminal (ONT) will be installed at your home.
- The ONT may be installed inside your home near the structured wiring panel, or in a ground level room/home office.
- The ONT might also be installed on the exterior of your home, typically near the electric service panel.
- Our installation technician will talk with you about the option that works best for you and your home.
- The ONT must be installed near a grounded power outlet. For outdoor installations, a power outlet may need to be installed by a licensed electrician.
- Various models of the equipment are in use and may differ slightly from the images on this site.